Dear Blue Hawk Football Players, Families, and Fans,
What a super day for our first Varsity scrimmage of 2012 AND the annual Hot Dog Cookout. Thank you to all volunteers for the helpful hands; thank you to all hungry team members and spectators. No one could believe that 500 hot dogs could disappear so quickly!
FRESHMAN NEWS - LOTS!!!!
Please read this carefully as Coach Taylor provided us with a lot of updates this morning for our Freshmen families.
· There will be no morning Freshmen practice session on Friday, Aug. 17...INSTEAD players are to report for practice from 2-4pm. This change in the Freshmen practice schedule is because of the Blue Hawk Card Blitz taking place tomorrow starting immediately after afternoon practice. Read below for more Blue Hawk Card Blitz information.
· Freshman Schedule for August 18 -Thursday, August 23:
ü Saturday, August 18: Practice 7:30-9:30 am
ü Monday, August 20: Frosh scrimmage Monday 10:15am @ home Coach will tell your player when to report to the locker room. Remind him to listen carefully for those instructions.
ü Tuesday, August 21: Regular practice 9:15am-11:15am
ü Wednesday, August 22: Practice 3-5pm since EHS Freshman Orientation takes place in the morning.
ü Thursday, August 23: Freshman Jamboree at Gill Stadium in Manchester, NH - 6:30pm start. Coach Taylor will inform your player when he must report for the bus. Address for directions can be found at the end of this newsletter.
· We have posted the concession stand volunteer schedule on the inside door of the concession stand. Remember, the concession stand is run by Freshman families and every family is asked to work at least one home game in the concession stand. You will appreciate this tradition when next year, your Sophomore player is a Varsity player and you are able to give him your full attention while sitting in the bleachers. There are many empty slots that need to be filled in. Thank you for getting yourself scheduled and letting the Varsity parents watch their player.
Blue Hawk Card Blitz Reminder/Information
Our Blue Hawk football players (all grades) are participating in a "blitz" tomorrow evening in their final attempt to sell cards - and hopefully break last year's all time sales record! The Blitz begins immediately after the afternoon practice session. The Football Boosters will provide pizza and cold drinks for all players before they go out blitzing. The players will be told to report back to the high school at 7:00pm.
It's very important that tomorrow every player bring in all their cards and money from sales to date that has not been turned in. Football Boosters will be on hand for the start of both morning and afternoon sessions. Your player must check in at that time and reconcile with them his sales to date. Again, at 7:00pm when the players report at the end of the Blitz, your player must check in one last time and turn in all his sales money and/or cards from the Blitz. For planning purposes for your player, you can expect he'll be reconciled and ready to leave around 7:30-7:45pm tomorrow.
We had several Freshmen parents and a couple of Sophomore parents sign up to help drive for Blitz. Drivers should have their player thinking about and having a plan of who he is riding with; Football Boosters do not assign cars. We could use a couple more drivers! If you are available, please let Kate Adler know at
Please consider giving a monetary donation to the Blue Hawk Football program. Attached is the form that explains how to do that. Family donations are acknowledged in our annual color program that is available at all Varsity home games. If you want your donation to be acknowledged, it must be postmarked no later than Sat. Aug. 18th. We thank you for considering this!
Varsity Scrimmage @ Keene Saturday, August 18th
Our Varsity team is traveling to Keene for a scrimmage on Saturday. The action starts at 10:00am. If you are traveling to Keene, directions are provided at the end of this newsletter. The Football Boosters will feed the team, coaches, and managers subs and drinks after the scrimmage.
Football Booster Mtg: Tuesday, August 21 7:00pm
The Football Boosters meet weekly throughout the season. The meetings take place in the EHS cafe every Tuesday evening 7-8:00pm. We hope you can join us! Our first meeting is next week; Tues., Aug 21.
Please use the following addresses in MapQuest or your GPS to locate these schools/stadiums:
· Keene High School: 43 Arch Street, Keene, NH
· Gill Stadium: 396 Valley Street, Manchester, NH
The Football Boosters are really excited for this season. We have already met many of you through your volunteer efforts and thank you for stepping up. We hope we not only see you, but HEAR you at the upcoming scrimmages as we cheer on our teams!
Go Blue Hawks!!!!
EHS Football Boosters